As pets become older, many pet owners ask whether supplements and vitamins for dogs and cats are really necessary for feline or canine health. There is little doubt that supplements and vitamins are helpful for people, so if we consider that animals experience many of the same diseases and ailments that people experience, it may reason that vitamins and supplements could be helpful for our furry friends, especially as they age.
Nutrition and a healthy diet are important factors in supplying pets with the vitamins they need as they age. However, just like people, pets may require additional vitamins and supplements as they age, especially if they develop an illness or injury.
Cat and dog vitamins and supplements for pets can help maintain good health throughout the various stages of a pets life. Some of the more common ailments or illnesses pets may require supplementation include urinary health, joint health, skin and coat, cardiac health, immune health, and digestion. Not all supplements are appropriate for both cats and dogs, but there are many supplements that can be helpful to either cats or dogs. Below are some of the supplements offered by our sponsor at Fera Pet Organics you may want to discuss with your vet for your aging pet.
Probiotics can help:
- maintain a healthy intestinal tract and supports proper digestion
- reducing loose stool due to environmental stress and/or changes in the diet
- maintain proper gut flora by providing a source of beneficial intestinal bacteria
- maintain proper gut pH and supports normal digestive function
- skin health and may reduce severity of scratching, itching, hot spots from allergies
- support the immune system and immune response
Fish Oil can help:
- Skin & Coat – Helps achieve a soft, shiny and healthy coat
- Musculoskeletal – Nutritional support for joint strength and flexibility
- Cardiovascular – Promotes heart function and normal circulation
- Immune System – Nutritional support for healthy immune function
- Neurological – Supports brain health and function
Mushrooms play an important role in immune regulation, gut health, liver function, brain health, and support normal blood sugar levels. Beta glucans are found in the cell walls of mushrooms, which supports a healthy immune system and enhances organ function.
Mushrooms can help:
- Enhances the immune system and immune response
- Supports brain health
- Enhances cardiovascular function and normal blood pressure
- Supports healthy gut and digestion
- Enhances liver function
- Supports normal blood sugar levels
Cardiac support with organic hawthorn berry for dogs and cats enhances your pet’s cardiovascular function, supports the cardiac muscle and promotes normal blood circulation, blood pressure and heart beat.
Bladder support with organic cranberry for dogs and cats promotes a healthy bladder and urinary tract. Not only does it minimize the frequency of UTIs, it also supports normal urine pH, enhances the immune system and kidney function.
Hip + Joint with organic turmeric for dogs is a high quality joint supplement that supports bone and joint health and enhances joint function for dogs of all sizes. Features 90 delicious soft chews, your pup will think it’s a treat!
If your dog or cat has an ailment or illness, it is important to speak with your vet about whatever course of action may be appropriate for your pet. We do no endorse any of the products listed on our site; information is provided to help offer different options that are available. Learn how you can receive a complimentary bottle of supplements from our sponsor at Fera Pet Organics.